SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 900S non turbo and the fuel pump died two weeks ago. I bought a Sean-Tech fuel pump assembly and had it replaced. The car now stalls at idle when it is cold. I have to keep my foot on the gas at park to warm up the car so that it will not stall.

When the car is warm, the will sometimes stall when idling at a red light.

I replaced the TPS sensor and have a purge valve coming. Maybe that is the problem? WHAT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND IS WHAT I AM NOT GETTING A CEL?

Any suggestions. I will update if I figure out the issue

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update - still a problem

This is an amazing site that is helping me learn more about my car and auto in general. Through this forum I have replaced the EVAP valve, vacuum hoses and the CPS sensor. None of these things have helped.

Could it be the O2 sensor or the MAP? Could the mechanic installed the fuel pump incorrectly?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
This is an amazing site that is helping me learn more about my car and auto in general. Through this forum I have replaced the EVAP valve, vacuum hoses and the CPS sensor. None of these things have helped.

Could it be the O2 sensor or the MAP? Guesses .. break out the dartboard..:cheesy: Could the mechanic installed the fuel pump incorrectly? A possibility ..Do a fuel volume test. [/QUOTE]

The mostly likely reason for the no-CEL is that the problem is a lack of fuel....so we have no increase in emissions, or nothing that the system cannot handle.....which is the primary reason for the OBD and the CEL system.
Do inspect the vacuum system(service work) and the IAC, as necessary..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the vacuum hoses. The one to the fuel pressure regulator was brittle and I replaced it. I also cleaned the IAC.

The problem is still there. Sometimes when driving there is hesitation when I hit the gas. Could it be the fuel pressure regulator?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

I wanted to update the forum.

I was running out of time and had to get it fixed for my sister in law. I replaced the TPS and CPS with used parts. I then replaced the EVAP valve as a precaution as the car has 130k miles. I also replaced the vacuum lines.

I even tried cleaning the MAF sensor - to no avail.

My sister in law finally took it to the dealer (my ego was hurt). The dealer hooked it up to a Tech2 and determined that the MAF sensor was bad. (I should have checked that more thoroughly). It cost $400 to replace (parts and labor).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts