SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Sorry if this a dumb question.. But how do I know what size engine I have? I need to buy the serpentine belt and they asked if it is a 2.0 or 2.3? Are the belts different sizes for these two engines?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Hi Sorry if this a dumb question.. But how do I know what size engine I have? I need to buy the serpentine belt and they asked if it is a 2.0 or 2.3? Are the belts different sizes for these two engines?
Thanks
Engine size won't matter, externally the engines are identical, the belt shares the same part number for both engines.

·
Registered
19,054 Posts
Per the PM... it's a 2345.

The parts place cares because the computer makes them look it up that way. Since engine size does make a difference in some makes and models, and for a variety of parts, the lookup programs all make them specify engine along the way as a selection criteria - even if it doesn't matter.

You can prove it to yourself: go out to rock auto and look up the belt for a 9-3. Try one engine, then the other - same lengths.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Most parts stores dont know the difference between the regular 9-3 and Viggen.

Autozone, for example, requires the engine size as the final detail in narrowing down a vehicle after year, make, and model. However, the Autozone system doesnt actually know that the Viggen is different and will regularly claim the parts are identical. Front brake rotors, for example.

The Advance system knows the Viggen is different though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts