SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

i have a 97 900s with the 2.3 na. i wanted to give it a tune up so i went and got the cap rotor plugs ect. the problem is the cap and rotor from the parts store do not look the same. the rotor from the store looks smaller and the cap has the recepticles at a 90 degree angle where mine are straight.

my question is are the engines in these interchangable? could someone have put a 94 engine in my 97 or possibly changed the distributer from an older model? :eek:

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
wildchildsixx27 said:
hi all,

i have a 97 900s with the 2.3 na. i wanted to give it a tune up so i went and got the cap rotor plugs ect. the problem is the cap and rotor from the parts store do not look the same. the rotor from the store looks smaller and the cap has the receptacles at a 90 degree angle where mine are straight.

my question is are the engines in these interchangeable? could someone have put a 94 engine in my 97 or possibly changed the distributer from an older model? :eek:
Yes, I believe the engines are interchangeable.

With my '96, the wires exit at a 90 degree angle, as is shown in the parts book.
I suspect you have the wrong parts installed in the car probably from the PO.
The cap and wires do last a long time; I never saw any need to change those in the Honda Accord which we owned for 10 years.
The comprehensive tune up includes the cleaning of control units such as the idle control valve and the MAF; the renewing of vacuum lines as necessary, even re-torquing the head bolts if at the 100k mile mark.
There is a lot to it, and more, no doubt, if one heavily reads these forums.
Even measure the fuel pressure and record this

1 - 2 of 2 Posts