SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched for it, but with no luck. There was a thread on removing the engine and leaving the transmission in the car. Anybody remeber this thread have a link?

thanks in advanced :D

·
Registered
888 Posts
I know Emmett has done this in the past. Don't know if he had a thread about it or not? search under his user name ( ejenner )

TBH it's far, far, far easier to remove the whole lump and then split off when it's out.

Dan.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im thinking that too. I'm just helping a friend drop a turbo lump into an N/A next weekend, just wanting to see how simple it would be to leave the gearbox in.

·
Registered
300 Posts
yeah im thinking that too. I'm just helping a friend drop a turbo lump into an N/A next weekend, just wanting to see how simple it would be to leave the gearbox in.
It would complicate things immensely to get at the engine/tranny bolts from underneath.
Best practice is to remove the whole package and then split it.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Really cannot see any advantage at all in leaving it in place . They are an incrdibly simple assembly to remove , splitting would just complicate as said . re mating the units in the engine bay and getting a good seal would be a nightmare . Having it out in a lump makes cleaning and detailing both the assembly and the engine bay a breeze .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts