SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am going to start looking for a shop in my area who can rebuild and hopefully balance the bottom end of my 94 900SE’s engine. We have a number of good automotive machine shops in the area but I don’t know if any have experience with Saab engines.

So before I start making calls. Is there anything I should know or maybe tell them about my engine?

I intend to buy a new crank, pistons, and connecting rods. I think rings and bearings go without saying, maybe not? :) I am open to any suggestions for the above parts. It has been some time since I have looked in to parts.

I am going to have the head done also but I think I will be sending that out to someone who specializes in Saabs. I plan to use a 9000 Aero turbo for now. With all other supporting upgrades including an ECU flash before I put it back on the road. Assuming I can get away with all this with no need for injectors and AFC. I have had my fair share of playing with them and I just don’t want to deal with it right now. I also know the engine will be over kill for a turbo setup like this but I drive the car too often to go with a wild turbo at this time. Besides once I add the cost of the rest of my suspension upgrades and a good break upgrade I will have spent enough change.

Anyway I would appreciate and help or suggestions. I am not new moding cars but I do have a lot of reading to do about the GM900. I had no idea the community had grown like this.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
That sounds like a new engine, not a rebuild. I considered a more modest rebuild of mine, including bearings, all gaskets and seals, oil pump, timing and balance chains, camshaft and crank sprockets, all chain guides, valves etc.

Not including rods and pistons, the cost exceeded the price of a used engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts