SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just today the 9000 started some issues. It feels like a fuel pump or tps to me. Basically applying any power the car will buck and lose power and at times die.

Rarely it will let you drive for a bit if you are very gentle with the throttle. Otherwise it goes from running under very light throttle to bucking and losing all power.

What else would cause these issues? It will start every time, just wont rev at times and will die occasionaly with throttle applied.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Theres, a bunch of potential reasons
dodgy DI unit probably No.1 cause
Lamda sensor
dirty or u/s Air mass sensor

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok things I ruled out by installing parts are:

-AMM

-DIC

-PLUGS

-Fuel Pump/Pump relays

I ordered another TPS from another shop here since the first one gave me the wrong part. When I unplug it, the car starts/runs about the same. So Im guessing thats next, before tackling the crank position sensor.

Any other ideas? Like I said, car will barely start, wont idle most of the time. I can get the engine to rev if I apply throttle very lightly but any decent amount of throttle and it tries to die.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The car in question... hopefully to inspire some posts lol

I made a custom hx35 turbo setup, makes 330whp/380bhp... been running it like this for quite some time.

Ok so far, none of these is the culprit via the guess and install method:

AMM
TPS
DIC
FUEL PUMP/Relays

So no one on the site has any other ideas? Could it be the crank position sensor even though its bouncing the tach when Im trying to start it? Car is hard to start, will try to die with more than 10% throttle and doesnt want to idle.

·
Registered
830 Posts
That's your car?! I have seen it before, and it's gorgeous! Sadly, I don't have an easy solution to your problem. I'd suggest a loose vacuum hose or fitting, but you seem to thorough to overlook that. My 1991 acted similarly when a bushing and it's accompanying line popped out of the intake manifold.

Good luck, hope you find the problem soon.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Turbo 9K said:
The car in question... hopefully to inspire some posts lol

I made a custom hx35 turbo setup, makes 330whp/380bhp... been running it like this for quite some time.

Ok so far, none of these is the culprit via the guess and install method:

AMM
TPS
DIC
FUEL PUMP/Relays

So no one on the site has any other ideas? Could it be the crank position sensor even though its bouncing the tach when Im trying to start it? Car is hard to start, will try to die with more than 10% throttle and doesnt want to idle.
hi there where did you get your cam cover painted , and what paint was it , looks the muts nuts

cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
crank position sensor

Can anybody help me out...how does one install a crank position sensor in a 2000 SAAB 9.3? Thanks! Billy G.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
If you have haynes then there should be all the specs for all the different sensors. Just take that one by one and start meausring voltages and resistances with the voltmeter.

As to 9-3 question, this is a wrong forum, post to 9-3 forum.

KLim

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Have you checked the big intercooler in and out pipes? Mine did what you are describing before after I tried to fit my intercooler to throttle body pipe, but couldn't. I pulled off the pipe at the intercooler out end, but it was later discovered that it wasn't quite sitting properly after I has put it back on. Drove a mile away, then started to buck and half stalled when I put my foot down.

So check that your intercooler pipes havn't started to come loose, and even check for any cracks in the pipes. My pipe was on when looking down on it, but I had to drop the under bumper tray to see that it was sitting crooked from underneath. You wouldn't know looking at it from above.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts