SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lol. OK I noticed coolant was disappearing and I checked my oil and wow there it was. So I went to check some threads here and I came across the new headbolts and the tightening specs. So I did that and everthing was running well. I did an oil flush with new oil (not recommended) and put in some new oil and filter after, and everything was running fine until a long trip. Then clunk clunk clunk... smoke coming from the oil fill, still runs but im thinking I spun the crank bearing. 155000 Miles everything in pretty good condition. Do you think its worth to fix, fix myself (shadetree style), anybody opened up their engine? If not how much could I sell it for? Any helps would be appreciated. Thanks--your feel S.A.A.B. owner.:roll:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
fooman said:
I did an oil flush with new oil (not recommended) and put in some new oil and filter after, and everything was running fine until a long trip. Then clunk clunk clunk... smoke coming from the oil fill
You have to be really carefull when doing an engine flush, sometimes it does more harm than good

If you have the time and resources to dismantle the lower half of the engine, then it might be worth fixing, you'd have to still remove the crankshaft to see how bad it was scored.

You might want to price an engine replacement for comparison, to replace the whole engine than to fix yours, see which is cheaper, or price a new used Saab.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts