SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is a 1994 9000cse 2.3 fpt with an Aero 5 speed swap.

I was on my way down the highway when my I started losing speed and gave it a little more gas and then the boost gauge read full boost but my rpms were still low. Right after that I put the car in neutral and it stalled. I put it in gear to start it again, but it ran extremely rough. I then pulled over and let it cool a bit then tried to start it and as I was starting it it made a high pitched whining noise and then died shortly after it fired. I started it again and gave it a little gas and it ran, but it was EXTREMELY rough, so rough that I feared to leave it running. I had to get it towed home. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I think my turbo might have burnt out because I've had turbo spooling/sputtering problems with it since I had gotten it. This is my first turbo car so I have no clue what it's like when that happens. My other idea was that my DI pack is dead, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know what it might be?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I figured it would be something that simple, but I just haven't had the time to check it out. I do happen to have a spare one that I got with my car, so I will be trying that. I hope that will fix it, otherwise if the spare one fails then I'm out a bunch of money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I put my other DI pack on and tried to start my car and I could hear the starter engage but it wouldn't turn over at all. I have no clue what is up with this. Does anyone know what is going on?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Check your battery. You need a good battery to crank the engine. If your battery is good and fully charged and the engine does not turn over, it is either the starter or the ignition switch. Measure the yellow wire to the starter solenoid for 12 volts with the key at start. If you get 12 volts your starter is shot. If you don't, send me a note I can get you an ignition switch cheap.

I should add the DI and not turning over are unrelated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, found out the problem. I have coolant in a cylinder. It was leaking out through the turbo/downpipe gasket. So at least I found out where my exhaust leak is coming from. I have not dug into the engine, but I'm sure the reason it won't turn over is because a cylinder must have filled up and is stuck in it's compression stroke. I will be needing to get a new head gasket, but I hope I don't need to get a head for it. If I do, does anyone know where I could get one cheap? I tried ebay with no luck and the scrap yard here charges a fortune.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts