SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and I need help even though this probably seems like a really dumb question.

My family has bought an used Saab 9-3, 1.9 TiD (2005) last month and we decided to buy a new clutch set,
but we need to know the Engine Number to choose a correct clutch set as you can see here.

The problem is that we can't find where the engine number is and how it looks like.
Our only clue is the manual for 2.0t which engine is completely different:

It looks like it on a side of an oil filter (which is behing the engine on 1.9 TiD),
but the only thing we found was this with a camscope camera
and we are not sure if it is what we are looking for, because the quality is really low:

So, does anybody know where the engine number is located on 1.9 TiD and how it should look like?

Thank you in advance! ;ol;

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
I can check VIN from ORIO.

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Engine code is Z19DT/DTH/DTR, depending valves (8/16) and turbos (1/2).

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
I can see it.
For example:
VIN: YS3FA5AE8C1300035
Engine nr: A20NFT 0N012561

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can see it.
For example:
VIN: YS3FA5AE8C1300035
Engine nr: A20NFT 0N012561
Coool stuff man! So I guess besides that website, there is nothing else left to do but physically look on the engine itself right ? And if so, would you happen to know where I should look actually? :confused:

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Why you do not send me PM where contains your VIN and I check?
Or is your car stolen/wrecked?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Why you do not send me PM where contains your VIN and I check?
Or is your car stolen/wrecked?
My car is fine, I have a B207L for which the engine number is accessible ( close to the oil filter) , but I have a friend who's trying to change the clutch kit and apparently after engine # 17361103 a new revised Dual mass Flywheel was used and apparently shops who sell the kit need to know the number. It seems that even though the internet is large, this information is guarded better than fort knox ? or I simply lack the skills to finding it o_Oo_O

1 - 13 of 13 Posts