SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people.

Just got a call from wife saying that the SAAB9-5 (1997 SE) won't start and the driver seat appears to have a mind of it's own and has fully reclined (not commanded).

Sounds like a sticky switch to me, but has anyone experience of this before? Is there a fuse I can remove to temporarily solve the problem.

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
search "seat moves randomly". there are a number of threads on that.

in short terms- its a quick fix, in fact, i just did it myself a few days back. so long as youre fine not having that goofy memory function, all you need to do is disconnect the memory module from its wiring connector. takes all of 2 minutes.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hi people.

Just got a call from wife saying that the SAAB9-5 (1997 SE) won't start
Won't start is a pretty vague statement. Doesn't turn over, clicks when trying to turn over, or turns over and doesn't start?

If one of the first two; it's the battery, the battery connection, clutch switch isn't engaged or your starter.

Third one; air, fuel or spark is missing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Won't start is a pretty vague statement. Doesn't turn over, clicks when trying to turn over, or turns over and doesn't start?

If one of the first two; it's the battery, the battery connection, clutch switch isn't engaged or your starter.

Third one; air, fuel or spark is missing.
The description was good enough to get the correct diagnosis in first reply from ivanwakeup - many thanks.

Not sure about your wife, but thats about as good a description as I'm likely to get about the car not doing what it's supposed to do.

·
Registered
708 Posts
On my Maxima I walked out to the car one winter morning to find the doors wouldn't unlock and the drivers seat was fully reclined. Finally broke in and went to start the car, not even a click. Go to incline the seat, nothing happened. Look down at the seat switch and noticed my window scraper laying next to it. Somehow when I closed the car door the night before the scraper wedged between the door and the seat switch, forcing the seat to recline until the battery died. From then on I kept my scrapers on the floor of the backseat. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts