SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am need of a water pump, is there a brand i should stay away from? which is original supplier-Hepu, Bosch, Meyle? there are others.

·
Registered
33 Posts
water pump go SAAB

Hi there I did my water pump a few month back , I used SAAB water pump for no fitting drama but on the same time do check the serpent belt and the idler wheels that the serpent belt runs on as I found two doing the MAKARENA dance ,I did find the idler wheels to be very epensive from SAAB costing more than the water pump. Check your cooling system radiator condition on water side and oil side and all pipes as its a big drama if they fail :evil: (Gear box). I'm new at this site I hope this helps , Cheers :)

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
I want to be kind and fair when I say if you use an online retailer, I would avoid the favorite with the free shipping in the North east. Almost everybody who has purchased some sort of ramanufactured product has had bad luck with it. I do suggest the companys that advertise here, and the one based in the Carolinas.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Without knowing the mileage nor the age of the old part, and this usually seems to be the case, how can a man determine one way or the other ???:cheesy:

IMO, OEM is the best, and the most expensive - in many cases cheaper in the long run. Sometimes it is possible that aftermarket and OEM are one and the same....
If a man changes the WP on a car with 150K on the odometer, using a cheap aftermarket that lasts but 40K and the whole car gives up the ghost at 185K, how does the WP life span matter ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts