SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1999 Saab 9-3 SE with an automatic transmission. I ordered a new mount and it seems this is only for 5 speed cars? It's the only one available at EEuro. Is it the same for the 5 speed cars and auto's?

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
32019664 is for automatic.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
32019664 is in stock at ORIO warehouse in Nyköping, Sweden.

·
Registered
10,606 Posts
Interesting that that mount doesn't come up at all on any US-based parts sites. Even eSaabparts, which will get parts from Sweden, lists the passenger-side automatic motor mount as "unavailable". I see it listed on the Skandix website, but they it's a "Saab Select" part, which means it's a cheaper aftermarket version. RockAuto has a few different brands available. If the only thing that Saab sells now is the Saab Select type, you might as well go with something from RockAuto.

·
Registered
19,182 Posts
FYI - the difference in the mounts is that the automatic mounts allow for more movement as the automatic tends to vibrate at idle. You can use the Manual tranny mount but you'll get more vibration in the cabin (possibly more exact shifting, but more vibration at idle).

The GS mount will also vibrate more although they suggest it's not much more. If it makes you feel better about paying for it, it's about the same cost as the factory mount was.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FYI - the difference in the mounts is that the automatic mounts allow for more movement as the automatic tends to vibrate at idle. You can use the Manual tranny mount but you'll get more vibration in the cabin (possibly more exact shifting, but more vibration at idle).

The GS mount will also vibrate more although they suggest it's not much more. If it makes you feel better about paying for it, it's about the same cost as the factory mount was.
I purchased the GS auto mount but if the 5 speed mount will work with less vibration I'll just use it and send the GS unit back.

Thanks Bob.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have a manual 900 vert with both of the front GS mounts: engine/passenger-side and transmission/driver-side. at the time i upgraded those, i also got a new OEM rear mount for the trans/subframe connection. there is noticeable vibration, it will come down to your tolerance. my car is stripped-out and driven for sport, and i enjoy the hell out of it. in particular, it vibrates the hell out of the rearview mirror, but who needs that?

almost forgot! if you do get the GS mounts, don't let some lazy mechanic tell you the parts don't line up. these are old enough cars now that the geometry of the car is the problem, not the part. i think the subframe design is the problem, but i dunno, basically any extended period of time driving around on a shot suspension could be to blame and since that's outside of spec all bets are off. the softness of the OEM mounts reduces vibration but it also allows the drivetrain to sag, somehow. the GS part does not have this flexibility.

you will have to jack up the engine probably via the trans, and then probably use a prybar to position everything to where the GS mount actually lines up, but it can require serious convincing. i hired a dude off craigslist because he had an engine crane he could come to my apartment with; that's the only way we were able to manage it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts