SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed a slight problem. When i start moving from a dead stop i feel a thump almost like something is rolling backwards when i start to move. Never happened before. Another thing i noticed when im driving is if i have my han don the shifter and give it some gas i feel the shifter move probably like an inch to an inch an a half. I think its the front motor mount that went bad causing the engine to flop a lil bit. Im not sure any ideas??

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Yeah, probably is - open the hood, put on the parking brake, put it in first. Make sure there aren't any cars in front of you. Let off the clutch and hold the brake while heel-toeing the gas a little until the engine starts to struggle. If you see the engine buck more than just a trifle, you can bet your britches the mount is shot.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
dasander said:
Sounds like the front mount. It could either be loose :D or broken:eek: Both have happened to me.
When I pulled the engine/tranny of my 87 SPG out, the mount part that stays to the gearbox stayed with the gearbox but the other half that is normally part of that stayed on the frame of the car, even though I took off the bolts. I was surprised :lol:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im almost 100 percent positive its the front mount. I put the e-brake on and did that lil test and the engine like pulled up like a bucking bronco lol. I looked at it and it didn't seem to move are there bushings or something in there that blow out?? I have to look more into it any advice on making this repair easier??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts