SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do know that the transmission mount is bad, it was an easy check with the floor jack... The shifter moves around quite a bit upon acceleration, but there's no problem getting into any gear.

What's the best way to check the other two mounts for their condition? (98 900SE Manual)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
when the passenger side goes bad, you can look through the passenger side wheel well (after all the plastic has been removed) see if the allen head has dropped out of view. also alot of times the oil pan will sit on the subframe. drivers side you can look and see when its bad. the rubbed dry rots, and then the mounting point sits in the bottom of the housing.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I figured with the car being 14-15 years old that I may as well do the all. No need to be cheap the car isn't gonna cost me much.

·
Registered
18,925 Posts
I do know that the transmission mount is bad, it was an easy check with the floor jack... The shifter moves around quite a bit upon acceleration, but there's no problem getting into any gear.

What's the best way to check the other two mounts for their condition? (98 900SE Manual)
What's the floor jack check?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah mine were pretty shot. I did the 3rd one too, but I'm thinking I should have gotten the GS tranny mount as the engine and tranny seemed to move around still more than I like. Is this normal??

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Yeah mine were pretty shot. I did the 3rd one too, but I'm thinking I should have gotten the GS tranny mount as the engine and tranny seemed to move around still more than I like. Is this normal??
My rear mount was same as yours, split all around. I put in a stock mount and called it a day.

I'd rather have a rubber bushing that's designed to give, give, than fatiguing or breaking other parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts