SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to drive to central London every day, ahhh! so do get stuck in traffic I find the car is (Difficult to describe) surging/missing a beat at very low speed, and as I spend up to 2 hours a day your mind wonders but mine wonders to this problem.
Now got to the point it is spoiling the car for me?
Spoken to the "Flying Spanner" he has confirmed I am not going Mad but also confirmed it is the computer taking over the revs and then letting go hence the surge.

as I said this is very annoying.......anyone else have this problem?:cry:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yes, even with the Abbott ECU I still get problems at very low speeds. I also get "surges and dips" on idle on occasion. :confused:

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
shadow09 said:
I have to drive to central London every day, ahhh! so do get stuck in traffic I find the car is (Difficult to describe) surging/missing a beat at very low speed, and as I spend up to 2 hours a day your mind wonders but mine wonders to this problem.
Now got to the point it is spoiling the car for me?
Spoken to the "Flying Spanner" he has confirmed I am not going Mad but also confirmed it is the computer taking over the revs and then letting go hence the surge.

as I said this is very annoying.......anyone else have this problem?:cry:
You're in the wrong forum. If you move the thread to the proper newer 9-3 section, you may get the most appropriate and precise answers to your problem.

Good luck and nice choice in cars.;) :cool:

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
martin.nicoll said:
Yes, even with the Abbott ECU I still get problems at very low speeds. I also get "surges and dips" on idle on occasion. :confused:
Check the TB on your car Martin. Test it and clean it well. Check all the vacuum hoses as well; you may have one that is cracked or that is coming lose.

·
Registered
493 Posts
hkayssi said:
Check the TB on your car Martin. Test it and clean it well. Check all the vacuum hoses as well; you may have one that is cracked or that is coming lose.
Cheers, I'll have a look at the weekend. Break cleaner and toothbrush will come in handy for eth TB me thinks!!! :lol:

·
Registered
771 Posts
martin.nicoll said:
Cheers, I'll have a look at the weekend. Break cleaner and toothbrush will come in handy for eth TB me thinks!!! :lol:
yeah the pcv vavle's vacuum line on my car broke, it kinda stumbles here and there, nothing to big to complain about, and i'm lazy so i don't really care

i just tell ppl its finding its idle lol, i coined that one when i had the rx7 and people who always ask when i started it up cold why it would idle to high and than come down (it auto chokes the motor to warm it up faster) and i just told ppl it was finding its idle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
idle

Yep I could live with it if it were a short journey, 2hours in same back each day I spend alot of time finding idle, but I do take on board what you are saying, drives me mad!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts