SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I've just bought my 93 Arc few weeks ago and last night my "engine malfunction" indicator lit up (car has about 1200 miles). However, I can't seem to find any problems with it. Car still runs the same, fuel cap seems to be fine too. There is one thing I did different though. Up until yesterday I was putting 92 octane fuel in the car. But then yesterday I've put 89 octane one (there was still about 1/4 of 92 one in the tank at that time). After driving for about two hours, the light came on (I was only few miles from home at that time...)

I'm still planning on calling my dealer tomorrow, but I was wondering if there are any ideas about what this means?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Was it just the "engine icon" lamp and nothing in the SID? For me, it was a loose gas cap. Tightening it and a few starts later the light went off. If a real problem comes about, you get a message on the SID and the exclamation warning icon too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sbl said:
Was it just the "engine icon" lamp and nothing in the SID? For me, it was a loose gas cap. Tightening it and a few starts later the light went off. If a real problem comes about, you get a message on the SID and the exclamation warning icon too.
No, nothing on the SID. I tried tightening the gas cap several times but the message is still there. Maybe the cap needs replacing. Anyone thinks that it might be the fuel?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Try refueling, tighten the cap properly, and take at least three trips (start, drive, stop cycles). If the problem persists, visit the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice! However, problem is still there. I'm gonna call my dealer in the morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts