SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine light has been on and off for approx. 2 months.. I had a diagnostic test performed which showed trouble codes 1334 & 1312 for the cylinders. "Misfires from all four cylinders, but engining is performing good. Plugs check out good. No problems seen with the ignition system."

The fuel filter was replaced and the fuel system was cleaned.

After the service the car has had trouble starting and yesterday the engine light starting to flash and the car was about to stall then suddenly it regained its performance.

Any Thoughts.
Thanks,
SAM

·
Registered
276 Posts
Welcome Sam! Did you have an independent tech or Saab dealer diagnose it? I've been having similar problems myself. My buddy who's an indy diagnosed it w/ codes (don't recall the exact #'s but think they were 1301 & 1304) that were misfire codes for cylinders 1 & 4 as well as a random misfire code. Based on what I had read and my buddy's experience we replaced the DI cassette and plugs with no luck. I was able to get a Saab tech to throw the Tech2 on it real quick soon after & he suggested a MAF which I did and that did make a big improvement but I still get the CEL occassionally under hard acceleration and I still have major power loss when accelerating from a dead stop so my suggestion is, take it to the dealer. :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts