SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey people, i just bought my first saab. 9-3 vector 2.2 sports with all the trimmings. while testing it out yesterday i hit the rev limiter in 3rd for a few seconds lol and with that my engine light came on. It now drives like a milkfloat. HELP. Thanks Dave

·
Registered
731 Posts
Does the engine light stay on or is it blinking? If its blinking, you need to get it to a dealer as this could be a major issue.

You can clear the CEL(check engine light) by disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes, then re-connecting it. But you won't know what the real issue was without reading the code.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
I think he means "Fuel Cap" being that it's a Diesel. Get the code read, don't assume it's something simple. That CEL could be a heads up on something developing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi people, i took it to a friend who had it checked on the computer and it came back as a fault with the EGR valve located at the front of the engine. Saab wanted over 200 quit for this + the test which costs 75 quid alone:nono;. Point to remember, my friend took it off and cleaned it up with brake cleaner. Put back on and is now working fine. £70 quid including the test and reset. RESULT! Anyone located in inner london needing a good cheap saab garage just give me a shout............ Thanks for your help peeps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks

Just had a look at that OBD 11 wow, have you tried using this item before. Looks great!!! Even compatable with the candy system!! Everyone TAKE NOTE......... OBD 11 COULD SAVE YOU LOTS..... ITS A ITEM EVERY SAAB OWNER SHOULD HAVE!!!! Anyway thanks David. :D

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
I am not familiar with practices in the UK, but here in the US a lot of Parts stores and local Service Stations will read a code for free.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts