SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm in search of some internal engine components seeing if anyone knows where I may obtain these without having to go through the dealership. I'm looking for piston rings, rod bearings, and main bearings. I have sourced one of the bearings through WorldPac, but I would like to purchase them all from the same company. You know? I guess I'm going to try and do as much as I can while the engine is apart.

·
Registered
385 Posts
If you want "OEM Saab" parts, the dealer is probably your only option to order everything together. Otherwise I would I would find a kit for another GM car with the LP9. A 2.0 Cadillac BLS is probably the easiest safe bet. Vectra is another option. Maybe the Cobalt SS.

·
Super Moderator
11,177 Posts
SaabSite
93 2003–2010 Rod Bearing Single 4 needed 4-Cyl - 9194705 $71.14
93 2003–2010 Main Bearing 4 needed sold individually sport sedan 4-Cyl - 9194163 $67.40
93 2003–2010 Piston Assembly 4 needed 4-Cyl - 12791210 Backordered

SaabPartsOnline
Part #: 12-791-210
List Price: $88.94
Our Price: $49.56
Description: PISTON

Part #: 91-94-163
List Price: $70.87
Our Price: $44.22
Description: MAIN BEARING KIT

Part #: 91-94-705
List Price: $43.71
Our Price: $27.27
Description: BIGENDBEARINGKIT

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. Thank you all for your time and help. I will be purchasing through whichever one of these sites will be the most timely.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I emailed the people at Saab Parts Online in regards to the piston ring individual kits to see if they sold a kit as opposed to purchasing them individually. They responded with the following part number for the complete kit AND a drastically reduced price as opposed to paying for the individual sets....
93180138 Engine piston ring kit, B207E and B207L engines. 1 kit needed per engine
$140.54 sounds a lot better than the previous findings! Thank you guys for pointing me in the right direction and I hope this helps someone else as well!

·
Registered
66 Posts
thesaabdon,
Ask saabpartsonline to put their hand on it before you order it from them.
Saab warehouse shows one set on backorder already so they are out of stock and may have to come from Sweden. If saabpartsonline plans to order it from Saab after you order it from them, they wont have it.
-Captain

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do Captain! Also, I noticed today while looking at the bearing part numbers online that they are for the B207R. I see that the guy that posted about the part numbers and sources is running a SS like mine, but I just want to be sure that the 'R' bearings are going to be compatible with the 'L' crank and rods. Again, just trying to keep my ducks in a row. I'm going to contact the Saab Parts Online People and have them make sure that they are in stock before I order. Also, see if they have a bearing kit that will take care of all rod bearings and main bearings instead of buying them individually.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Both the 207R and 207L are identical on the shortblock. Only the cams are different in the head.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OKAY!!!! So, I have discovered that the cobalt SS piston rings are a direct match. I finally got around to honing the cylinders and measuring the piston rings to spec. I have a source that was able to get me the whole set for somewhere around $75, so if anyone out there needs to grab a set let me know! I will be posting my complete build in a new thread with pictures and components when I get some more pictures together and the time to sit down and do a full write up.
I wound up getting the rod bearings from WorldPac for somewhere around $60. So, all in all I saved about 200 bucks on sourcing these parts and being patient! ;ol;

Oh, and the piston rings are Mahle made. The bearings I cannot recall the manufacturer but they were supposed to be 'OEM' supplier.

·
Super Moderator
19,051 Posts
great. keep us updated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts