SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys
Is anyone interested in buying my 2.3 Engine off my 9000 Aero Auto 96 - Just rebuilt by Abbott Racing? Reciepts to prove it (so dont worry - I used to service every 6-7K (like us all I guess) but the missus overheated it coz of small hole in Rad pipe - hence rebuild). Its still in the drive at the moment. Just wanted to see if there was any interest!?!
I dont know whether to get the car repaired (body wise) or not.
PM me and i can supply pics....Do bear in mind a Neo Bros engine without mile clarification cost £395.00 to 495.00 + VAT apparently...
Or if you have a Saab 9000 CS Aero Auto '96 in Scarab Green for sale in great condition I will snap your hand off......for a fiver...as long as your engine is broke......just kidding!!!
Cheers
Jon
07971 982 501
What to do??? Bugger!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry - bit emotional...

Sorry - I've had a glass of wine or 2...and forgot to outline the full story.
The story is......is that the missus overheated it in Dec 09.
I had it rebuit by Abbotts and then approx 2 weeks later she went into the back of someone at about 15mph (on a roundabout when he (the car in front) just stopped for no reason in the inside lane - twat!!) ...but where it hit...she caught it at the worst angle for the chassis and it needs to go on a jig to be repaired (near side slight chassis damage & cosmetic damage - Airbags didnt even go off!!!). No damage to anything but chassis, bumper, nearside arch liner and wing, ding on bonnet & grill etc.
All engine bay internals are fine incl rad etc. It still drives but wouldnt advise - due to plastic arch being against tyre scenario.
I was quoted £1600.00 to repair.....hence post
The car is in my driveway....no claims and not registerd as we drove home and she (the wife) was only covered 3rd party on my car.....etc etc
Call for any questions
Jonathan on 07971 982 501

1 - 2 of 2 Posts