SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a '91 C900 (without turbo) automatic. It's started a new and challenging problem. The engine cranks over and fires..... But as soon as I let go of the key, the engine dies....I've checked the voltage at the coil and that's fine so I'm not suspecting the hall effect sensor. Help please... John

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That must the ignition key circuit or the circuit to the coil I will guess.
Turns out you are spot on. Only it took some fing
Ding to sort out. There was an intermittent break in a wire right up under the inlet manifold near the starter solenoid......of course every time you breathed or bumped it, it would be fine for a while..... All fixed now.... And ready for my next engineering adventure... J

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello
i have the same problem, or at least the same symptoms, on my 900, which is not automatic, and i don't understand all your post (my english is not fluent :) )
this sentence is not clear to me: "of course every time you breathed or bumped it, it would be fine for a while". can you explain please?

and, finally, how did you fine and fix the break?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello
i have the same problem, or at least the same symptoms, on my 900, which is not automatic, and i don't understand all your post (my english is not fluent :) )
this sentence is not clear to me: "of course every time you breathed or bumped it, it would be fine for a while". can you explain please?

and, finally, how did you fine and fix the break?
Bon Jour,
Your English is better than my French.
Do not worry about the sentence that did not make sense. What I meant was that 'any time I knocked the wire the situation changed without knowing what I did.
The wire you need to check is a green wire from the positive side of the coil. Follow it down, it should go to a terminal on the starter motor relay.
I made another lead and replaced the original green wire and the problem went away.
I have also read that a faulty earth connection can cause similar problems. However, I think these cars are so well built that there is hardly any problem around earthing.
Kind regards
John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts