SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The engine fan has been full speed ahead from the time I start the car until a few minutes after I turn the car off. not sure why. any thoughts??

Thanks,

·
Registered
675 Posts
The engine fan has been full speed ahead from the time I start the car until a few minutes after I turn the car off. not sure why. any thoughts??

Thanks,
I think that there maybe a problem with your coolant temperature sensor. Current supply to the cooling fan is controlled by the engine managment ECM. The module is supplied with information of the coolant temperature sensor. The coolant temperature sensor is located in the upper front right hand corner of the engine. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that there maybe a problem with your coolant temperature sensor. Current supply to the cooling fan is controlled by the engine managment ECM. The module is supplied with information of the coolant temperature sensor. The coolant temperature sensor is located in the upper front right hand corner of the engine. :)
wouldn't this make the temperature gauge in the car not correctly as well?

·
Registered
191 Posts
The W.I.S. Shows 3 temprature sensors for the 9-3 on aircondition equiped cars.

The ECM reset mey solve the problem for a while but I would get it looked at, the last one I saw failed and the fan stayed on all the time draining the battery unless the battery was disconected each time the car was shut off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts