SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! After my last thread where it was determined I’d need a new engine, I bought a new (to me) engine and have been working on removing the old one to replace it with the one I bought. These forums and the walkthroughs and the WIS have been quite helpful but I’m missing some piece of guidance or just overlooking it.

I got a shop crane at harbor freight and it seemed as though the consensus on the forums and such was to use that to drop the engine/sub frame/trans and roll out the clump.

I disconnected the A.C. compressor but having lowered the clump to the platform, I’m not entirely sure how and where to disconnect the pipes and tubes that go to the radiator and up on the passenger side on the engine well (the silver ones).

I keep reading all the posts both about dropping as well as A.C. removal and such but I’m just plain confused. I had the radiator strapped on at first, which it still sort of is, but that has tubes going under the subframe-ish.

Now that I’ve almost finished dropping, it obviously makes the most sense to keep that method going but I’m lost. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi, Is it the 2.0t? If so I took of the aircon compressor off and ratchet tied it around the radiator support so that I didnt have to regas.
Most definately easiest to drop the whole drivetrain assembly/subframe. I made a dolly for it and actually carfully lifted the car using the engine hoist enough to pullit out.
Sorry. not the best pics

1 - 2 of 2 Posts