SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all.

I've been getting an intermittent fault. I think it's related to a sensor but is definitely something in the electronics. Here is what is happening:

Insert key and attempt to start car. The lights, radio, gauges all work. But the engine just doesn't turn over.

After waiting anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes the engine eventually starts. I then get a "Traction Control error. Contact Service." message then a "Stability Control error. Contact Service." message. The engine light comes on. The RPM gauge doesn't work.

After switching the engine off and then restarting, the RPM gauge starts working. The engine light eventually goes off as well. But the car drives fine and it just seems that there is a fault somewhere in the electronics. I'm hoping it's a loose wire or something straightforward and doesn't dig too deeply into my budget.

Has anyone experienced something similar and can offer advice?

YouTube: http://youtu.be/I2WmlIojDO4

·
Super Moderator
20,057 Posts
Start with battery voltage. What is it? Is that battery old? Check terminal connections. After that and no fix move on to cleaning or replacing ISM (ignition switch). Failing that it would likely be CIM, but that is expensive and needs dealer intervention. Exhaust other possibilities first.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Similar thing happened to me just before Christmas. I put in a new battery (the old one was 4 years old) and no problems since. (08 9-3 Aero)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed - Crankshaft position sensor

Hi. Thanks to all for the replies. I got an OBD2 scanner and found error code p0337.

http://engine-codes.com/p0337.html

I replaced the crankshaft position sensor and the problem has gone away.

If you're interested, this is the part number for the CPS: BCH-0261210229

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for this information. This started happening to my car yesterday.

Sitting in drive through and the stability control error came on and the tach died. Car was running fine. Got back to my office and shut it down and restarted and error was gone. Then 4 hours later went to leave and no start but everything working. Removed negative and checked fuses and it started up and got the stability error again. No problems later in the evening and car started right up this morning and later today.

Battery is less than a year old, but I'll have it checked anyway.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Maybe check the fuse for the ecu located in the fuse box under the bonnet? My car comes up with a traction control fault when I reset the ecu, however I've never tried to start the car in that state.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts