SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just loves her new (2005 9-5) Saab. However, in the last week, the car just died while she was driving it around the city. It restarted immediately, when she pulled over, but she is getting nervous.

I checked all 20 pages of posts and don't see a single incident where this happened to anyone else.

Any ideas? Could using regular gas (on occasion) cause this?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
136 Posts
It could a ton of different things. I've had that happen on my now replaced chevy when the alternator died.

I doubt its from gasoline, but I'm not an expert.

The gearheads here are gonna want a lot more details.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Using regular gas won't do it.

Most likely the key was bumped with a purse etc. and turned off. Happens all the time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
McNoob.....

Thats what we were thinking. Hope you are right. Electrical problems are tricky on any car--I would think a Saab would be especitally bad if that is the case.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Paul, I've had that problem...but turned into something more problematic. I'm still dealing with that issue. So far what I was told is that is my alternator. I was told that there is a part #4927513 and it doesn't exist anymore. This part is supposed to bring air to the alternator to keep it cool. My car started like that, then went into having the lights going in and out, then the engine shut down and on and on. Make sure that the part isn't missing in your car. Also what a previous member suggested, since the ingnition is next to the seat, it can potentially be that the key is getting turned off by accident. Specially if you have heavy objects sitting on the passenger seat that move around as you turn corners. I'm posting a thread to see if anyone can tell me exactly what is and what funtion the part I mentioned has and if there is a way around not having it.

Tony.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts