SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my 99 9-3 convertible has been acting up. It doesn't happen all the time but when I brake sometimes, the car either dies or it shakes. If it shakes and I let go of the brakes, the shaking stops. If the car dies, I can start it up again. Anyone know what is going on with my loved one?:cry:

·
Registered
895 Posts
this might be a very stupid question.. but is it a auto or manual? and the obvious, if its a manual, are you pushing the clutch in? i know it sounds stupid, but ya never know.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
bambasc9700 said:
Recently my 99 9-3 convertible has been acting up. It doesn't happen all the time but when I brake sometimes, the car either dies or it shakes. If it shakes and I let go of the brakes, the shaking stops. If the car dies, I can start it up again. Anyone know what is going on with my loved one?:cry:
This is the forum for 2003 and newer 93's.

Your problem sounds like a vacuum leak in the brake boost unit. I don't know the setup in a 1999, but I'm guessing the power brakes are vacuum assist. It may be a sticking valve in the boost unit.

At any rate, the vacuum leak is sizeable enough to lean out the A/F mixture and you are losing power or stalling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i do apologize for posting it here but thank you for your input. is this something bad that will get worse if i don't have it fixed soon? any estimate on fix costs? car is still under warranty. thanks.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
bambasc9700 said:
i do apologize for posting it here but thank you for your input. is this something bad that will get worse if i don't have it fixed soon? any estimate on fix costs? car is still under warranty. thanks.
If the booster is leaking vacuum, renew it now !
No place to economize !
But this is easy to check as is the entire vacuum system...
And, as the the proper operation of the clutch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts