SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I have a pretty big problem! I recently replaced my fuel pump on my 97 900 SE. It had to sit for about 3 months because I'm currently stationed on Guam and it takes forever for parts to get here and a company sent me a wrong part twice. After her running again she purred like a kitten. I drove it to work and back the next day twice, i'ts about a 5 minute drive. Everything was perfectly fine. So I decided to let the wife take it to her work since we purchased it for her. She works about 30 minutes from home. Well she came home that evening and told me that the display said to add coolant. I went out and opened the hood to see that the full reservoir from yesterday now 3/4 empty. I was amazed. I looked under the car to see it pouring from the engine. I parked it and jacked it. Its not coming from the water pump or the radiator itself. I believe it is coming from the metal hose that goes from the radiator to the ac unit. Is that right? The location of the leak is above the cross bar below the engine but in front of the tire on the driver side. I can't see the hole/break with my eyes because of the bar going across under the hose. I saw that the entry area in front of the bar is clean and unrusted but the area after i'm able to see it again is corroded and rusted to hell. This makes me believe it is above the bar. Is there anybody who can assure me that this is the right pipe and if so, where can I buy it, how do I put it in, should I take it to a mechanic [mechanics charge an arm and a head for work here on Guam]? DESPERATE IN NEED!!!!

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
No the TB hoses are rubber and so is the expansion tank hoses. so it would just be heating hose and the turbocharger cooling hose thats metal.

Thanks for correcting my mistake by the way.

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
I know the hoses to the expansion tank and throttle body are rubber, so are the hoses that connect to the heater core.

If you read my comment correctly you will see that the metal pipe runs from the water pump to the TB hose, heater hose, etc. Note the use of the word hose and not directly to the heater core or TB.

If you look at the diagram there are two pipes (7 and 15) that are metal and connect to the WP and various hoses

·
Registered
464 Posts
It may be worth taking it to a mechanic to properly diagnose the problem.

Once you have that information in hand (and an estimate for repairs), you can decide whether to fix the problem yourself or have him do it.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts