SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doeas anyone know what a check engine code 1460 is? I had 2 codes, one was for a small emmissions leak (bad gas cap) and the other a 1460 which I have not a clue.

THANKS!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
To the best of my knowledge Immobilizer Active means...... You have a chip in your key that tells the twice unit its the right key for your car. If it doesnt recognize the key, the immobilizer becomes active and deactivates the fuel pump and starter.

Is your car starting? It sounds to me that the twice unit is not recognizing or didnt recognize your key. Do you have a spare key you can try?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhh, THE IMMOBILIZER!

To the best of my knowledge Immobilizer Active means...... You have a chip in your key that tells the twice unit its the right key for your car. If it doesnt recognize the key, the immobilizer becomes active and deactivates the fuel pump and starter.

Is your car starting? It sounds to me that the twice unit is not recognizing or didnt recognize your key. Do you have a spare key you can try?
Ok, that makes sense! I had a spare key that I tried to start the auto with and I got a message on teh SID that said "key not recognized". Then I took the car to my local repair shop and he programmed teh key.

So, I now know what an immobilizer is, and that all I had was a loose gas cap.:cheesy:

Thank you all for your (again) kindness.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Code 1460

NO! LOL!!!!:D

I see where you are coming from though! I was surprised when I tried to start it and got the "key not recognized" message and had to push teh remote to start. I was surprised to see that it even stored the code!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts