SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my engine bogs down on throttle blip. it was acceptable before but its got worse. i have no idea whats causing it.

im also getting a low idle problem when cold. the engine starts up fine, idles fine then starts to drop to 500 or less RPM and sometimes even stalls

all the electrical componants seem to be in spec. i've set up the TPS and checked everything on the engine. theres new cap, leads and rotor on. sparks are fine and a year old.

fuel filter new. injectors correct flow and as far as i know the fuel pump is working fine as it ran before at WOT with no problems. air filter is new.

i was thinking of a vacuum problem, but i've been through all the lines and cant find a problem. i've bought a vacuum gauge out of interest - waiting on it coming

I dont have an AIC but another contraption on the '88 cars...i've forgotten its name lol:roll: how do you check this or even service it?

could a very small leak on the turbo exhaust side/ exit before the 90 pipe cause problems?

any ideas much appreciated

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
JimmyG said:
I dont have an AIC but another contraption on the '88 cars...i've forgotten its name lol:roll: how do you check this or even service it?
Auxiliary air valve. Like the AIC, it's prone to gumming up and may respond to a blast of carb cleaner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts