SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have to look at the original mounts to decide whether hydraulic or standard ones apply? I get moderate vibrations, I am almost certain that these are the originals? How long of a job is it (PITA)? What are good quality mounts?

Thanks!

·
Banned
7,270 Posts
There are two different types of standard mounts and they are not really interchangable so you must look under the bonnet before you order.

16v Turbos tend to have the 'cup' type mount. 8v turbos and all injection models usually have the cylinder shaped mount.

When a mount breaks (usually the front one) then you know all about it. Driveability suffers big-time.

From time to time people have had special batches of solid front engine mounts made up. I've not seen any for a while though.

You will probably have the 'cup' shaped mount. It will be easy to see when you look under the bonnet. But check all three mounting points as cars of this age sometimes have strange configurations after past repairs and can have a combination of different types of mounts.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I will check and then order whatever I need.:)
ejenner said:
There are two different types of standard mounts and they are not really interchangable so you must look under the bonnet before you order.

16v Turbos tend to have the 'cup' type mount. 8v turbos and all injection models usually have the cylinder shaped mount.

When a mount breaks (usually the front one) then you know all about it. Driveability suffers big-time.

From time to time people have had special batches of solid front engine mounts made up. I've not seen any for a while though.

You will probably have the 'cup' shaped mount. It will be easy to see when you look under the bonnet. But check all three mounting points as cars of this age sometimes have strange configurations after past repairs and can have a combination of different types of mounts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts