SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just happened engine crank but will not start, I connect ELM 327 I received code P0007, I did search for this code which mean nothing, would you please help me what next? in order to resolve my issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P0007

Thank you for your reply, Yes that's what does it mean, but it is generic code by Elm 327. How do I verify and resolve this issue, what I am suppose to check?

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Do you hear the fuel pump relay click? It is located under the passenger side front kick panel just forward of the door hinge.

Do you hear the fuel pump run to pressurize the fuel rail? There is a test port on the rail (looks like a tire valve). If you put a rag to catch the fuel an press the center pin of the valve you can see if there is any pressure in the fuel system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again, this morning I paid attention to the sound of fuel pump and the click fuel pump relay and the last thing I remove the cover of the engine and locate the nozzle which release fuel pressure (looks like a tire valve) a lots of fuel came out. in conclusion they working okay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did clear code P0007 then I rescan for any default error I got P0000 but still not starting

·
Registered
680 Posts
Did you clear codes with torque app or did you unplug the battery for 10 minutes? I would opt for the battery method just to be sure to reset all the computer modules and not just the ecu.

I didn't have a scanner (torque app) at the time but my no start but cranking condition was a bad throttle body. I would think a code would pop up for that though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes I did clear it by using OEBD for iPhone/Ipad I will try to disconnect the battery even its almost dead.

·
Registered
680 Posts
These SAABs are also finicky with batteries so I would charge the battery......no charger? Start calling friends/family or I know some of the chain autopart places will also charge a battery for you.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
replace the battery

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I under stand, but the issue started when I had full charged battery, I had been struggling for last three weeks to figure out the reason for not starting so I bough ELM 327 to read any faulty codes , first I received code P0007, AVguy suggested to check if the fuel pump is working , relay is clicking and I checked pressure release nozzle for any fuel coming out. everything seems okay. tonight I will ask for boost but I had feeling it will crank but it will not start I will give it try in order to illuminate any reason.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I under stand, but the issue started when I had full charged battery, I had been struggling for last three weeks to figure out the reason for not starting so I bough ELM 327 to read any faulty codes , first I received code P0007, AVguy suggested to check if the fuel pump is working , relay is clicking and I checked pressure release nozzle for any fuel coming out. everything seems okay. tonight I will ask for boost but I had feeling it will crank but it will not start I will give it try in order to illuminate any reason.
Don't bother boosting if you still haven't solved the problem preventing the engine from catching. You need to remove the battery from the car and get yourself a good automatic charger.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for every one for all help I got, finally after I recharge the battery, it started immediately but I still have questions even SAAB is finicky with batteries with all modules and computer nothing indicate that the battery was the problem, and why when I connect ELM 327 I receive code P0007(Fuel Shutoff valve fault)?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thanks for every one for all help I got, finally after I recharge the battery, it started immediately but I still have questions even SAAB is finicky with batteries with all modules and computer nothing indicate that the battery was the problem, and why when I connect ELM 327 I receive code P0007(Fuel Shutoff valve fault)?
When the charging system is acting weird anything electronic will also be affected. That could just be linked to the battery issue. Did you get the battery load tested to see if it can put out full cca? A battery can show a full 12+ volt charge but when it comes time to start the car it won't be able to put out the required amount of amps to turn over the car. I would go and get the battery professionally load tested at Canadian Tire or a local shop who has a high end tester, not that analog one they sell for $30 at CT for home use. I think its free at Canadian Tire.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts