SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put my Ksport coil overs on my 2003 9-3 Arc and the front can't go much lower, i think i need shorter end links? Anyone have any suggestions for some? thanks. ;ol;

·
Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
There are lots of people running coilovers here, never heard of anyone having an issue with end links. How low exactly are you trying to go?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are lots of people running coilovers here, never heard of anyone having an issue with end links. How low exactly are you trying to go?
Just trying to get flush with tire, nothing to crazy. This is also the first time i have installed coil overs and I'm still fairly new when it comes to modding cars. So solid chance i messed something up. The adjustable end link mount (on the coil over) sits above the ride height adjustment so i could only lower it till it hit the end link mount. The Ksport Kontrol pro coil overs use the lower mount to adjust ride height, not the springs so it ended up being pretty much stock height. What am i doing wrong?

Also, i heard getting smaller end links with improve the ride killing some stiffness and bounciness due to the pre load on the sway bar from the long stock end links. Is that true?

·
Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
I would ask Pacotaco (Chris). He knows a ton about this car's suspension and he was/is on coilovers.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Just trying to get flush with tire, nothing to crazy. This is also the first time i have installed coil overs and I'm still fairly new when it comes to modding cars. So solid chance i messed something up. The adjustable end link mount (on the coil over) sits above the ride height adjustment so i could only lower it till it hit the end link mount. The Ksport Kontrol pro coil overs use the lower mount to adjust ride height, not the springs so it ended up being pretty much stock height. What am i doing wrong?

Also, i heard getting smaller end links with improve the ride killing some stiffness and bounciness due to the pre load on the sway bar from the long stock end links. Is that true?
the ride height is adjusted by the lower bracket. the spring perch is used to preload the spring. 1/4 inch. Must have preload.
the end links suck stock but the height is what it is. if the height is stock then you need to move the lower bracket up. if it cant you got the wrong parts i expect. good luck. all that work and a crappy riding/handling car oh well. meh

·
Registered
996TT, 997TT, Audi TT, Corrado and some that dont run
339 Posts

·
Registered
996TT, 997TT, Audi TT, Corrado and some that dont run
339 Posts
Those work well too ;ol;

1 - 8 of 8 Posts