SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 9-3 Aero, 2008 9-3 Aero, 2009 2.0T XWD
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I've enabled comfort open/close as is routine every time I buy one of these cars. The 08 Aero I got won't learn anti pinch for the driver's side door. I haven't popped the panel apart yet but am I looking at replacing the switch with another anti pinch one?

The Tech 2 always tells me the driver's side hasn't been learned yet. The driver's door is 1 touch down but not up and all windows with the exception of the driver's door, all windows CLOSE and OPEN when holding the lock button(s) down.

·
Super Moderator
20,205 Posts
Sounds like the regulator was replaced on that door and it isn't antipinch. Does the actual switch have the little secondary click for up like it does for down? You can feel it when you push down there's like a little extra click at the bottom that does the one touch. The upward pull should have that same feel. Do the other doors one touch up?

·
Registered
2004 9-3 Aero, 2008 9-3 Aero, 2009 2.0T XWD
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to check this, it does make a weird thud when I roll it down.

All other windows are one-touch up and down. The driver's door never learns anti-pinch. Kind of annoying as I'm used to my 04 where it was always one touch so I don't have to think about it when I tap my key card to get in and out of the parking garage at work.

Have you got a part number for the regulator and motor with anti pinch? I used to have so many of these but had to get rid of them when I moved :(

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The exact same thing started happening for me. It was working but now it won't even after adding the driver's module. I have a spare and will try that when it cools off.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Fixed...replaced the motor with a junkyard one. The old one didn't have enough power to pass the anti-pinch test.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts