SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi forks!! I'm new here:D
Anybody bought 2005 Saab9-3ss in Canada?
Well i'm planning to buy 1 this time. im thinking Linear with premium package+auto trans.
Anyone knows the employ price for 2005 Linear9-3ss? If so, how much did u pay for it? it's because we only have 1 dealer and they r not seem to be very happy to show it.omg
Dealers asks me to pay CAD$37690 (msrp:CAD$41690).$4000, employ discount and no more discount at all. (Is that right price?) i asked some more discount, and he looks ;oops: and then showed me :nono;. Then he said "call me when u want to buy it". When i left there , he came to me and told me that his boss is willing to discount $690 more(pretty high?:cheesy:) Is this a good deal?
anyway i came back home.

The car is steel gray demo1(only 1 left in dealershop) which manager has driven a few times.It has almost 200km on it, some scratches and some deep scratches on front bumper(what did he do with that car?) lots dust in the interior.(i told dealer about that,then he says if i buy, they r ganna make it as new one . lol).
Also, they told me that if they search and bring me new one, i will get smaller discount than stock model 1, and he also said i even have to pay more money to bring new1.
Dont we already pay freight?(Do i need to pay another amount of money for that?) If im wrong Teach me!:D. This is my first time to buy a new car.

Only 1 dealershop left in Vancouver. lol
We had 2 until July,4th. One of them closed right before employee discount.:confused:

Thanks for reading guys..

·
Registered
42 Posts
turtlesaab said:
Hi forks!! I'm new here:D
Anybody bought 2005 Saab9-3ss in Canada?
Well i'm planning to buy 1 this time. im thinking Linear with premium package+auto trans.
Anyone knows the employ price for 2005 Linear9-3ss? If so, how much did u pay for it? it's because we only have 1 dealer and they r not seem to be very happy to show it.omg
Dealers asks me to pay CAD$37690 (msrp:CAD$41690).$4000, employ discount and no more discount at all. (Is that right price?) i asked some more discount, and he looks ;oops: and then showed me :nono;. Then he said "call me when u want to buy it". When i left there , he came to me and told me that his boss is willing to discount $690 more(pretty high?:cheesy:) Is this a good deal?
anyway i came back home.

The car is steel gray demo1(only 1 left in dealershop) which manager has driven a few times.It has almost 200km on it, some scratches and some deep scratches on front bumper(what did he do with that car?) lots dust in the interior.(i told dealer about that,then he says if i buy, they r ganna make it as new one . lol).
Also, they told me that if they search and bring me new one, i will get smaller discount than stock model 1, and he also said i have to pay more money to bring new1.
Dont we already pay freight?(Do i need to pay another amount of money for that?) If im wrong Teach me!:D. This is my first time to buy new car.

Only 1 dealershop left in Vancouver. lol
We had 2 until July,4th. One of them closed right before employer discount.:confused:

Thanks for reading guys..
Go to Saab's Canadian web site. The employee discount is about 8%. It's only mentioned in connection with the Linear which makes me wonder if it doesn't apply to the Arc and Aero. We don't get the incentives and deals Americans do. Saab dealers are uncommon and if you're in an area where there's just 1 you'll be lucky to get even $1k off msrp in addition to the employee discount. The incentives in the US market drives down resale values which really hurts if you pay close to msrp, like we do here.

Beware though ... Saab will drop the Linear and the low pressure turbo engine in 06. The entry level 9-3 will be what the Arc is now minus the upgraded trim. Rumour has it that in the US this car will be priced below the current Linear and a lot below the current Arc. This will instantly depreciate all 9-3s. The discount might or might not be enough compensation. I suspect it's really an inventory clearout program under another name.

Personally I don't think an optioned up Linear makes any sense when it gets up to Arc prices.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
hi! maynardqwerty!:D
Thanks for ur answer & information. I agree with ur point which is only discount on Linear.
hmm... they r ganna drop Linear somehow.... very useful informaton .. Then, i'm ganna postpone it until new comes..Thanx maynardqwerty!!!:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

Dont make the mistake I did! I got a fully loaded Linear 2004 - cost came out to $45K.

I should have gotten an ARC for another $1K

Buy an ARC the resale value will be much higher.

I am also in Vancouver not too many Saabs out there see 50 - 75 bmw's / mercedes but never see a saab.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts