SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So I started throwing the p0441 and p0455 codes which are emissions codes. This is a 2008 95. I’ve done some searching and concluded the possible purge valve malfunction. I located the valve on the car. But I got looking and something seems to be broken and missing from the line to the valve canister, as seen in the pic. Is this my issue? And what tests can I do on the canister to see if that’s the issue? Can it just be cleaned? Help appreciated as always!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Your connector looks fine. I've had that ring break off on several of the connectors that look like that and it doesn't seem to affect anything. I'd start by applying 12 volts to the purge valve and see if it clicks. If it doesn't, start by replacing that part.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your connector looks fine. I've had that ring break off on several of the connectors that look like that and it doesn't seem to affect anything. I'd start by applying 12 volts to the purge valve and see if it clicks. If it doesn't, start by replacing that part.

Please forgive me lol. How do I go about applying 12 volts to it? Im assuming a car battery but I don’t have anything to connect with. Also can’t even get the canister off still. Are the canister and the solenoid the same thing?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scratch that. Got it hooked up and tested. It’s clicking and not allowing air to pass thru when not hooked up. Does this mean it’s not the valve?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alrighty, tried swapping with the purge valve from my fiancé’s car and it’s still idling horrible. Can anyone explain where the solenoid is? Or is this the same thing as the valve canister?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Alrighty, tried swapping with the purge valve from my fiancé’s car and it’s still idling horrible. Can anyone explain where the solenoid is? Or is this the same thing as the valve canister?
The canister is about the size of a coffee jar and is within the right wing, or fender as I believe it’s called over there. Difficult to know from your pic whether that broken blue ring is actually causing a leak. If any doubt, wrap the whole thing up with electrical tape temporarily. The other common evap. leak cause is unsecured fuel filler cap.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=saab+9-5+evap+system&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

Doug

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies. I did get the canister located. Already tried a new gas cap. Now I’m trying to figure out where the solenoid to the purge valve is. Anyone?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Follow the line back behind and down low on the throttlebody, adjacent to the limp home solenoid. Check to see if the line at the throttlebody nipple is disconnected or deteriorated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright. Here what I’ve got. It has nothing to do with that blue section. That’s just a quick connector clip. Swapped the purge valve and still idling funky when warmed up. Took the plastic engine cover off and checked all lines. Nothing loose and missing. No cracks. No clue haha. I set up an appointment for a smoke test, but hoping to find the issue before then. What’s next? Taking a look at the charcoal canister?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts