SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving down I-45 and all my warning lights came on. They shut off almost instantly...so I was a little worried and since it appeared to correct itself I ignored it. Then the same thing happened again...this time they stayed on for almost 5 seconds and the speedometer kinda jerked downwards. THEN about 45mins later They came on again and my speedometer and odometer stopped working but the tach still worked....it stayed like this for atleast 10minutes....

anyone ever experienced anything like this?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Maybe a speedo drive related problem, as the tach still works and the other gauges still do, those particular warning lights maybe relating to info Trionic needs a reading a speed reading for calculation.

Need to get it to a dealer pretty soon I suggest, Trionic gets very upset very quickly when it doesn't get a speed reading, if that's what it is.

:x

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dunno if this applies to SAABs but on my nissan when all the warning lights came on the alternator was going. Actually the alt. in my nissan was going for 3 months (normally they just die on the spot) and it'd stall between every shift. But yeah a diagnostic should bring the problem to light.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm scheduling a service date for next next week, as I'm leaving town for two weeks.
Hope they find out what's wrong.
I'll report back.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well here's what fscked up:

The ABS modulator failed along with the instrumentation.

Saab replaced the ABS modulator and put in new dash instrumentation. They put my HVAC LCD on backorder, supposed to be two weeks but they haven't called me back yet. It's been 4. Maybe they forgot me? I don't see how it has to be the slowest SAAB dealership in the country. WOrst of all they claim the reason my ignition is sticking is because "I" spilled coke down it and now It's sticky....however I've never spilled any beverage in my car so I don't see how that's possible. I have it cleaned professionally so maybe they dropped leather cleaner down it or something? Either way, it's still under warranty...they should cover it.

I just can't wait to sell this car...it's on Autotrader.com I'm crossing my fingers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts