SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 1991 9000 that is experiencing some electrical problems. One day my car would only start after a jump. I noticed when I got into the car the windows would come up and down as well as the fan working. I also realized that if I turned the fan switch from 3 to 4 the windows would stop working and the car would turn off completly. I began doing this after I turned my car off and never experienced another problem. After I came home from college my car would't start and I just contributed this to a low battery. The car would start once I got it jumped and I would drive around to charge the battery but the car wouldn't start again without a jump. I purchased a new battery and then the car worked fine. After that once I didn't make sure all the electrical components were off and the battery was drained. Once again the car would start with a jump but then no more. I have not gotten another battery because I would like to find the root of the problem. I am thinking that it is either the alternator or maybe one of the relays. How would I test for either one of those problems and does anyone have any other suggestions. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to include all of the details of my problem. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
If I had to venture a guess, the alternator would be the culprit. This is the kind of thing that I would bite the bullet and take my car to a mechanic for though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts