SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My battery went flat amongst other problems on my 2003 9-3 2.2tid and I bump started the car.
Now the central trip comuter display on the dash and radio is not working also indicators are not making a clicking noise when engaged and parking sensors also not working
Any ideas?

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Disconnect the Neg battery terminal for 5-10 minutes. That will re-boot the cars computer systems. Hopefully you did not have the ignition on when you connected the external battery source during the jump. that can do serious damage to the ECU, CIM etc.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
He didnt jump it from another car, he rolled it and bumped the clutch. I do agree with taking the neg off for a few minutes...

Sean

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Well, with that "Bump" or push start the ignition had to be on...... that could wreak havoc with the electronics...... bad way to start an SS.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
My battery went flat amongst other problems on my 2003 9-3 2.2tid and I bump started the car.
Now the central trip comuter display on the dash and radio is not working also indicators are not making a clicking noise when engaged and parking sensors also not working
Any ideas?
If you haven't already done so, charge the battery and test it. If it tests bad, replace it. These problems could very well be caused by a faulty battery. Last time I bump started a car, it was very obvious that the battery wasn't taking a charge when the engine stumbled when I turned the headlights on...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bump started the car by towing with a jeep but unfortunatly had a booster pack connected to the battery under the bonnet at the same time which on its own was not enough to start the car and if the booster was removed then the alarm was going mental.
Not the bast way to start the car but i had no alterbative as I just replaced the crank sensor and it still did not start with a jump start.

Anyway enough said
Disconnected the battery completely overnight-reconnected this morning and now the electronics are back to life. Lucky escape

1 - 7 of 7 Posts