SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to tackle the rear brake light mod on my '82 4D Turbo to correct the erratic electrical stuff going on. Everything went smooth enough and it did fix some issues (turn signals blink steady now). But I'm still having a problem. With the ignition off and the headlights turned on, when I step on the brake the headlights and dashlights come on. I can hear the time relay click on/off. The dashlights only come on this way (headlights work when car is on). Also, with the headlight switch turned to the middle position and the ignition off, the parking lights turn on when I step on the brake. I cleaned the star ground on chassis that headlights connect to. Cleaned all the multy pin connectors that I could find with wires heading towards the back of the car. Anything else I should be looking for? Thanks much.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that's the mod. I will add that as well as the headlights comming on when breaking, so does the cd player when it is left on. Go figure.

·
4,637 Posts
Interestingly, when I hit the brakes hard in the 'vert, the interior lights come on briefly. I figure it's the mercury switch on the boot lid doing it (there is one isn't there?). This is probably not related to your problem though...

·
Registered
239 Posts
cdaly said:
Interestingly, when I hit the brakes hard in the 'vert, the interior lights come on briefly. I figure it's the mercury switch on the boot lid doing it (there is one isn't there?). This is probably not related to your problem though...
The only mercury switch I found on the maual is on the vert to prevent the rear window heater from coming on when the top is down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts