SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
I have a 1998 9.3 convertible, and something is draining the battery. I have been through all the obvious possibilities (boot light, stereo, etc) and the only thing that stands out is a buzzing sound from around the lower left side of the climate control unit that goes on for about 5 mins after the engine is off and key removed. It is not the radio - I have removed that.
Has anyone experienced this before, or any ideas. I am in London - do you know where I could take the car for a quick (and cheap) check?
Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
hello!
I had the same problem in my 98 900se.
well my rear interior light was not shutting off either, but the same buzzing noise from the ashtray area.
I popped out the climate control and found the temp. censer was running and not shutting off.
I unplugged it (also pulled the rear light bulb) and have never had an issue since.
though when I start up my car in 80 degree weather the heater comes on full blast.

·
Registered
135 Posts
ah, I don't remember how I did it.
it should just clip in the dash like the heated seat switches do. I think I just unplugged it by reaching in through the hole after I pulled the climate control out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it, thanks.
The buzzing has certainly stopped - now to see if it stops draining the battery
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
10,382 Posts
You really don't need or want to disconnect the interior temperature sensor fan. It's supposed to run for a few minutes after the ignition's off, and it's a major part of what makes your ACC system work. If it's making noise, it only needs to be cleaned and oiled.

·
Registered
135 Posts
mine ran for days and days and never shut off.
since I removed the ac pump and all the lines, it really doesn't matter if I unplug mine or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts