SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for a roadtrip yesterday and 10 minutes into my drive my hazards came on (on their own accord) and wouldn't turn off. My radio also started bugging out and switching over to "telephone" mode.

I was first concerned that these problems were due to a bad ground within my aux in hack. However, after a search on here, it appears to be related to water based corrosion within my OnStar system. This makes sense, as I had a few wet snowboards in the trunk for the past couple days.

I found plenty of information about disconnecting the OnStar box, which is supposedly located in the trunk.

My question to you guys is where exactly is the OnStar module located within the trunk? I spent a solid amount of time searching with no luck. All I have heard about the mystery component is that it is silver, says "Motorola" and is on the passenger's side within the trunk.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
right side of the trunk towards the back. You need to remove the side carpeting and the module has 2 wire harnesses remove them both and your problems should disappear.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hkayssi, thanks for the help!

Pulled the plugs and my car's back to normal.

For anybody looking for the Motorola OnStar device in the future:

It is located in the trunk on the outer wall on the passengers side. The module is the same height level of the tail light and midway between the taillight and rear speaker. To access it, you can either pull up the carpeting (its a pain and theres a plastic bolt holding it in) or you can just grope through the hole cut in the upper part of the carpet near the speaker. There are two plugs in the module, one is red, one is blue. Pull them both by squeezing the tabs and jiggling violently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts