SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some work on the electricals of my 1990 900S and have found that many of the rubber boots that seal the back ends of the connectors are deteriorated and split. I'd like to replace them, but I can't figure out how to get the pins out of the connector block so that I can get new material on there. The connector I'm looking at is the three pin plug for the throttle position switch. I've tried stretching heat shrink tubing over the connector block, but it kind of wrecks the tubing and it won't shrink back down over the wire bundle. This car has cronic issues with corroded contacts, and I'd like to be able to seal all of these boots that have deteriorated. If anyone knows how to pull the pins, please let me know.

·
Registered
12,942 Posts
There's a tool that releases the Connector Tabs. They're available at most good Auto Parts stores and all Automotive Tool dealers.
Don't bother. You'll damage more connectors than you'll fix, and it won't stop the corrosion. If you insist, get Heat Shrink Tape; it exists to do just what you describe.
You'd do more good by cleaning the Connectors (both ends) with Contact Cleaner, then refitting with a bit of grease or Vaseline.

·
Registered
213 Posts
There's a tool that releases the Connector Tabs. They're available at most good Auto Parts stores and all Automotive Tool dealers.
Don't bother. You'll damage more connectors than you'll fix, and it won't stop the corrosion. If you insist, get Heat Shrink Tape; it exists to do just what you describe.
You'd do more good by cleaning the Connectors (both ends) with Contact Cleaner, then refitting with a bit of grease or Vaseline.
What he said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts