SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking for this connector on my 2004 convertible. The WIS does not say that it should not be present on US spec cars but I do not see it where it is shown. I suppose it could be under the UEC but before I remove it I thought I would ask both US and other market members whether they know that this is visible or present on their cars.

Connector is # 711 and is normally used for Extra Lights (spotlights/driving lights) and Parking Heater

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am hoping to use it to power the Halogen high beams in my Bi-Xenon housings as "extra lights" with a bit of custom wiring. US spec headlights do not allow both the shutter and the Halogens at the same time - it's an either one or the other.

I can activate the correct relay in the UEC (# R5) via Tech2 so I should be able to devise a method to activate it via a switch. Convertibles do not have the "-" button that sedans/combis have but I am hoping that the module has the contacts available internally with just no switch attached.

Just wondering whether any US spec cars have the connector visible and also if Euro spec cars have it.

I can always add what is needed. I can unbolt the UEC to see if it is somehow tucked underneath. Just trying to get some info before proceeding.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the wiring diagram for the "extra lights" or "spotlights"

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I know the Aux lights would use a harness to attach to the "Pre Acc" (711) connector shown in the instructions you posted. What I intend to do is to fabricate a custom harness that will supply a connection from pin 3 of connector 711 (Pre Acc) to pin 2 of each headlight connector. The headlights are already grounded so I should only need to supply +12v to get the halogens to illuminate.

This is why I am trying to see if the Pre Acc connector (711) actually exists on US spec cars. I am hoping that it is there but I somehow get the feeling that it will not be there.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Headlight wiring for Bi-Xenon US spec 2003 - early 2004

On Euro spec headlamps pins 2 and 10 are connected to each other internally.

I want control of the halogen high beams separately from the xenon high beams so I can use them only when really needed.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Additionally I am not sure why but my UEC has the correct relay in R5 already even though at present there is no way to activate it except via Tech2. My car is a very low serial number 2004. Maybe it wound up there by accident...

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
I have this connector.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have this connector.
Excellent!

That gives me some hope. Is it exactly where shown in diagram? I may remove the UEC this Saturday to see if it is underneath somehow.

Diggs - Can you post a photo of that area in the next few days? Curious as to where the harness is coming from directionally.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
It just goes into that huge bundle and back under the UEC. Can't follow it unless you tear that bundle apart.

image by Diggs24, on Flickr

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It just goes into that huge bundle and back under the UEC. Can't follow it unless you tear that bundle apart.

image by Diggs24, on Flickr
That is very helpful as the wiring is coming from the front of car. I'm hopeful that this connector is buried under the UEC.

Diggs - Thank you for the pic

·
Registered
11,846 Posts
Remember that you need TECH2 to activate "-" button to work.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Remember that you need TECH2 to activate "-" button to work.

Already did that:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
AVguy has become self-aware! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
10,046 Posts
I had a look at mine today,my connector isn't visable,will have to have a more in depth shufty around that area..

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I checked my 04 (41015700) and 05 and that connector is not visible. It might be under the UEC as you said. I do have Bi-Xenons (shutter opens for high).

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
If it makes any difference I also have bixenons.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts