SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little problem with my electric seats. Due to a crashed seat module the seat will not move. Unfortunately I can't reach the rear torx and the with the saab tool for the manual move nothing happens. Does anybody knows a solution or a special tool?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Here is my take on your problem. The seat surface is connected to a frame...the frame is connected to the slide/electric motor assembly, that assembly slides on rails, the rails are connected to the floor pan. I have had to do work on the seat with the same problems as you, so instead of trying to take it apart from bottom up, go from seat down.
When you remove the lower side panel (with the electrical seat controls) you will see more torx screws. I believe the seat is connected by a torx on each corner to the frame. The most difficult will be the rear inside screw. Ya, it isn't easy, but remember, you are going in the oposite direction that the factory had intended. My advice is worth everything you are paying me = 0....just my experience.....
Allen Jackson
LIFE IS SHORT, EAT DESSERT FIRST

·
Registered
2,026 Posts

Too late to try running a hot jumper to the solid blue wire and ground the black?

It looks like that will run the front-to-back motor in the forward direction.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Too late to try running a hot jumper to the solid blue wire and ground the black?

It looks like that will run the front-to-back motor in the forward direction.
A good idea, I also think about. I will see if I could reach the cables and do not cause a short-circuit fault:cheesy:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yes, another good idea I also think about. I can also try it and hope not to cause a short circuit fault ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts