SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've got in my possesion a set of leather seats in excellent condition from a damaged 9000CDE. I was planing of installing them in my wife's 9000CD because it's seats are fairly worn and cracked.

The only issue is that the replacement seats are electrically adjusted, while the old ones are manual.

Therefore, my questions is does anyone know is it possible to install electric seats in the car that didn't have them originally ? Is the wiring already there (in which case I assume it would simply be the matter of adding few relays and fuses) or would I have to do everything from scratch ?
Thanks

Cheers
Goran

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
If all the mechanicals are attached to the seat, and the seat is just bolt down, is it just a matter of running a power cord to the seat?

Does she have heated seats already? or will you have to transfer the switches for that as well?

I know this isnt really an answer, but im curious.

·
Registered
987 Posts
It's probably pre-wired for it, check the fuse panel in the passenger footwell and see if there are wires to the back of the one marked for heated/power seats. If there is, I'm sure it's just a matter of hooking it up, the wiring harness is probably already there. I know my '94 CSE was pre-wired for a CD changer. (only option it didn't have, that and AERO :() If you want the heated seats to work, you'll have to find the heated seat switches, pull the dash apart and go fishing for the connectors. If the fuse panel lacks the proper fuse spot I wouldn't even bother, but then again I only like to do easy projects :lol:

·
Registered
153 Posts
The wire's should be all there basicly plug and play.the only problem you will have is the seat belts are different use the end off the old seat before you bolt the new one down.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I have finally swaped the seats so I am here to report back in case anyone is interested.

It turned out that seats are straight forward replacement - all wiring and cable plugs were already there. So all that I've had to do was to unbolt the old seats, put the new ones in, plug in the cables and that's it - everything works !

Also, there were no problems with seat belts either, its a straight swap.

Cheers
Goran

1 - 5 of 5 Posts