SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I try to adjust forward my seat, it has several points across its stroke where it doens't want to come forward, and I need to pull it through the dead point. This happens pretty much sistematically, in the same sposts. Sometimes when this happen the motor just stops wirring, like it came to the end of the stroke, but most of the times the motr keeps on spinning and I can hear gears rattling unser the seat (toc-toc-toc-toc....). If I pull the seat forward, e.g. grabbing the wheel and pulling, it works everytime.
When the seat slides to the back I can feel this points where the movement is not smooth but I don't need to pull or push to keep the seat moving.
Another issue I have been having, is that, no matter what position of the seat I memorize, it wll always memorize it as "full back". The seat height and the backrest position will be memorized correctly, the fore-aft position won't.
I unbolted the seat and gave a look under it, found nothing obviously loose or broken.

I suspect a worn gear tooth, one of those that should be between the motor and the seat rails. Anybody had this problem before? how did you solved it? anything a DIYer can do, besides buying a whole new moving mechanism (or a whole new seat :eek: )? Would it be worth it to get a used seat to cannibalize? are moving mechanisms the same for Aero and non-Aeros, and for driver and passenger side?

Thanks ;)

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saabster47 said:
You have soem bad gears. You can replace teh gears but they are hard. i would look for a new seat..
Sure, a new Aero seat... :roll: Thanks anyway for your thoughts.

·
Registered
936 Posts
since it is so easy you might want to undo those 4 t50 screws and look about abit.... sorry no real helpful advice here, only problem I ever had was the cracked casing around one of the wires with the spinning wound spring inside that transfered power....

good luck

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vnv727 said:
since it is so easy you might want to undo those 4 t50 screws and look about abit....
Already tried that, found nothing oviously loose or broken... :confused:

I just wish I knew if the motor mechanism was the same for Aeros and non-Aeros, and for driver and passenger side... if so, I ould get a used regolar seat for cheap and swap parts. Anybody knows?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts