SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The electric seat (passenger side) in my convertible has a problem. When adjusting the backrest angle only the outer edge will move, the inside edge is stuck fast. The result is the seatback will 'twist' when attempting to recline or tilt forwards. All other movements work (fore/aft, up/down).
Nothing obvious when looking at the electrical connections from underneath.

Any suggestions?

Dan.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Common problem.

If you take the seat out and flip it, you will notice that the cable has either snapped or the guide for the cable is broken. This is very common.

I hope somebody will post on the guy on here who made an amazing repair out of a small copper pipe. I will see if I can dig it up in old bookmarks.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Quick and dirty fix is to wrap the plastic guides in duct tape. Usually what happens is they crack, this gives the cable enough room to slide out a bit or flex too much. Duct tape the cable guide back together and you'll get years of life out of them.

The guide is just a plastic tube.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Matt88S said:
Quick and dirty fix is to wrap the plastic guides in duct tape. Usually what happens is they crack, this gives the cable enough room to slide out a bit or flex too much. Duct tape the cable guide back together and you'll get years of life out of them.

The guide is just a plastic tube.
man

what can't we use duct tape for.

A girl I graduated high school with made her prom dress out of duct tape.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info and link. Exactly what I was looking for. :)

Now just got to wait until i'm mobile again (buggered up my back lifting a bonnet for the Carlsson restoration - Don't try to pull a c900 bonnet out the back of a LR Discovery whilst twisting and supporting its weight on your own ) :nono; :nono;

Thanks again.

Dan.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
woywitka said:
man

what can't we use duct tape for.

A girl I graduated high school with made her prom dress out of duct tape.

my wallet is made from duct tape :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts