SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all long time reader first time poster,I have a 2006 convertible 1:9tdi had a problem with front window switches,got a replacement pack for drivers door,now working great,but cannot lock or unlock doors from key fob ,any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
Did you have door pack added to car with tech2?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi diggs thanks for reply,short answer is no, but I have managed to sort it I unplugged the connector in the crease of drivers door,waited 10seconds then plugged back inswitched the ignition on and now both key fobs are working again ,my only issue now is wen I put the roof down my drivers side window will not go down with the roof switch,also wen I put the roof up only the drivers side doesnt drop that inch as the roof closes

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
Hi diggs thanks for reply,short answer is no, but I have managed to sort it I unplugged the connector in the crease of drivers door,waited 10seconds then plugged back inswitched the ignition on and now both key fobs are working again ,my only issue now is wen I put the roof down my drivers side window will not go down with the roof switch,also wen I put the roof up only the drivers side doesnt drop that inch as the roof closes
Does it have pinch protection? Did you reset it?

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
If you replaced DDM from 4D or 5D car to your CV, you do not have window movement when you operate roof.

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
DDM is driver door module which contains window switches.
4D is sedan, 5D is wagon and CV is convertible.

You need TECH2 for add keys (fobs) to your car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding,yea I have found a garage in Liverpool who has tech 2 and hopefully my car can go in this week,as far as im aware the switches I bought were from a convertible(my type) and I now have keys working but as I now realise you cannot just replace anything electronic without "marrying it" with tech 2,is it possible to buy a tech 2device with saab software installed so I can do these things myself?

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
I now realise you cannot just replace anything electronic without "marrying it" with tech 2,is it possible to buy a tech 2device with saab software installed so I can do these things myself?
Yes, but you also need TIS2 software to your computer, because you need security access.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts