SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone im new to the saab world, i actually drive a wrx my wife has the saab. its an 2002 95 linear wagon and its been doing some funny things elec wise and it seems like elec probs are a common thing from what ive read on here. every once in a while the oil light along with the warning light comes on saying there isnt any oil pressure. Theres a glowshift oil pressure gauge and it displays plenty of pressure when this happens and the oil pan is full. i shut the car off and turn it back on and its gone, other times the temp gauge will stop working and work other times and sometimes throws a cel saying the circuit is bad. i cleared it and it hasnt come back yet. and now the lastest issue is the gas gauge going from full to empty and back to full. sometimes it doesnt go back to full just lands in a random spot. shutting the car off and turning it back on hasnt helped and the gauge does whatever it wants really, im thinking maybe a short or bad connection somewhere or the computer is going nuts. the cruise will sometimes work and sometimes not, when it stops working shutting the car off and turning it back on always fixes it. anyone else had a problem like this please help, thank you

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
first things first, drop your oil pan and check for sludge buildup and clean it out. If you dont have it I suggest you get pvc #6 update done. Also it sounds like you could potentially have other problems, I think its best you stop driving the car and restarting it when issues arrise and address them before your wife gets stranded somewhere.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hey everyone im new to the saab world, i actually drive a wrx my wife has the saab. its an 2002 95 linear wagon and its been doing some funny things elec wise and it seems like elec probs are a common thing from what ive read on here. every once in a while the oil light along with the warning light comes on saying there isnt any oil pressure. Theres a glowshift oil pressure gauge and it displays plenty of pressure when this happens and the oil pan is full. i shut the car off and turn it back on and its gone, other times the temp gauge will stop working and work other times and sometimes throws a cel saying the circuit is bad. i cleared it and it hasnt come back yet. and now the lastest issue is the gas gauge going from full to empty and back to full. sometimes it doesnt go back to full just lands in a random spot. shutting the car off and turning it back on hasnt helped and the gauge does whatever it wants really, im thinking maybe a short or bad connection somewhere or the computer is going nuts. the cruise will sometimes work and sometimes not, when it stops working shutting the car off and turning it back on always fixes it. anyone else had a problem like this please help, thank you
1st hello and welcome, up awfully early for Maine.

2nd a WRX is really just a Saab 9-2 without a disguise.

3rd Oil Light and SRS light coming on occasionally. I would ask if you have the PVC update kit installed? Next sludge in the oil pan is a very common problem.
If it is sludged up you might be losing pressure in the areas sludged up but not at the sensor. If it has not been checked for sludge it should be as well as the PVC kit.

4th Temp gauge, is your coolant level full? if it is, it could be your temp sensor. It is not uncommon for it to fail at some point. If it is the sensor might as well replace the thermostat at the same time.

5th Fuel level, The 9-5 has a baffle in the tank to keep the fuel from sloshing around. Sometimes the fuel level float hits the baffle and gets stuck. Most have resolved this by removing the baffle. Or bad float sensor, or intermittent short or open.

6th The cruise control not going on usually means there is some sort of fault in another system which prevents the cruise from working. Do you know any of the codes from the CEL?

7th dont be shy on asking for more help, usually there is more help starting with evening in the UK thru evening in the US.

Again Welcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1st hello and welcome, up awfully early for Maine.

2nd a WRX is really just a Saab 9-2 without a disguise.

3rd Oil Light and SRS light coming on occasionally. I would ask if you have the PVC update kit installed? Next sludge in the oil pan is a very common problem.
If it is sludged up you might be losing pressure in the areas sludged up but not at the sensor. If it has not been checked for sludge it should be as well as the PVC kit.

4th Temp gauge, is your coolant level full? if it is, it could be your temp sensor. It is not uncommon for it to fail at some point. If it is the sensor might as well replace the thermostat at the same time.

5th Fuel level, The 9-5 has a baffle in the tank to keep the fuel from sloshing around. Sometimes the fuel level float hits the baffle and gets stuck. Most have resolved this by removing the baffle. Or bad float sensor, or intermittent short or open.

6th The cruise control not going on usually means there is some sort of fault in another system which prevents the cruise from working. Do you know any of the codes from the CEL?

7th dont be shy on asking for more help, usually there is more help starting with evening in the UK thru evening in the US.

Again Welcome!
Yeah I get home around 1 in the morning so I'm up till 4 almost every night lol. What u said about the Wrx is true I'm amazed at the same parts both companies use. But to the important part everything you explained helped a lot cause I'm totally new to having a Saab so I don't know what's normal or common. I'll go over everything you said and see what happens, hopefully it will solve a few things cause its kinda annoying lol. The code was a p0119 when the temp gauge was acting funny but since I cleared it is hasn't come back and that was almost a month ago and the same with the oil and warning light, but I will still drop the pan sludge is bad. I'll get back to u with results thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts