SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the Eibach lowering springs and it was a fairly simple job. I did not take pics of the install but I will have a pic of the car later today.

Anybody else have installed one on their vehicle? Post up some pics.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Cant wait for the pictures as i'm about to plump for the Eibach springs. Did you go from the standard or sports chassis suspension, and did you measure the space between top of tyre and underside of arch to see what actual drop you'd get beforehand?

·
Registered
895 Posts
..daemon.. said:
I just installed the Eibach lowering springs and it was a fairly simple job. I did not take pics of the install but I will have a pic of the car later today.

Anybody else have installed one on their vehicle? Post up some pics.
by chance, did you need a spring compressor to do the install?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Out of interest:

How much do the Eibach or Hirsch springs lower the car?
Do the new springs make much difference to handling/ ride?
How much do the Hirsch/ Eibach springs cost to install in the UK?
P.S - nice pics both!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MikeReynolds said:
Out of interest:

How much do the Eibach or Hirsch springs lower the c...ar?
P.S - nice pics both!
-According to the site it lowers the vehicle 1.5". I did not measure it myself.
-It does better on sharp turns than before.
-No idea on how much it would cost you. It's a simple job to do... so try it out yourself.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
MikeReynolds said:
Out of interest:

How much do the Eibach or Hirsch springs lower the car?
P.S - nice pics both!
I've been doing my homework on springs because i could get my head between tyre and underside of arch, and it really annoys me!.
In the UK Eibach springs cost £150 and fitting costs have been £100 which includes a laser alignment.
What im struggling to find out is that Eibach state a 30mm drop, but is that from the standard or sports chassis springs (theres 10mm diff')?, also the springs fit both Saloon and 'vert (which is somewhat heavier and has beefed up springs to the saloon). So if think if i fitted them on my car, and it had the same look as the pictures posted, i think my drop would be in the region of around -60mm+ :suprised;!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Eibach lowers 30 mm from stock, 20 mm from the sport chassies.
H&R Has 2 sets of springs, one 30 mm and one 45 mm. (From stock)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
D.J said:
Eibach lowers 30 mm from stock, 20 mm from the sport chassies.
H&R Has 2 sets of springs, one 30 mm and one 45 mm. (From stock)
Thanks for info.
What is the ride like compared to the original set up?

·
Registered
5 Posts
60mm drop - thats a lot, 45mm sounds pretty good though.

Thats the thing isn't it...buy a £20k car, spend a few hundred on it and it feels like a GoCart!

I'm sure i'll be slagged off for this, but what I would be looking for is a sportier ride with good handling; but for it to still feel like a £20k car.

Can i presume that the Hirsch springs, if fitted by a dealer, are still covered by the warranty?

JW: £250 including fitting, that does sound tempting.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Yep, the Hirsch springs maintain the warranty. The ironic thing is that they are made by Eibach (not sure if they are exactly the same) and you pay double for the priviledge.

·
Registered
895 Posts
just out of curiosity, for you guys that have replaced your springs, how many miles are on the original shocks/struts? also, how long have you had them on?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
So in order for a car (with sports suspension to get the drop similar to ..daemon..) One should order the 30mm or the 45mm.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts